- A thousand tons of meteor dust falls on the earth every day.
- When viewed from above, rainbows are doughnut shaped.
- The petunia and the potato are related to each other.
- A woodchuck breathes ten times per hour while hibernating, while an active woodchuck breathes 2,100 times an hour.
- Orchids have the smallest seeds. It takes more than 1.25 million seeds to weigh 1 gram.
- It is estimated that a single toad may catch and eat as many as 10,000 insects in the course of a summer.
- A cumulonimbus cloud can be enormous: six miles across and eleven miles high, twice as high as Mount Everest.